What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a physical form of exfoliation that removes several layers of dead skin, leaving your skin looking healthier and more refined. This painless procedure can help minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin will be smoother allowing easier application of make-up as well as deeper penetration of home care products. It can combat acne and ease the appearance of residual scarring and sun damage. Removal of the dead layers makes it easier to extract black and white heads and reduces the likelihood of near-future breakouts.
- $149 for a package of three
- $279 for a package of six
- Discontinue use of any topical medications such as Retin-A at least one week prior to service
- If you have used Accutane you must have stopped using it at least six months prior to any skin care service
- Avoid facial treatments such as chemical peels, facials and waxing for a week prior to your microdermabrasion appointment
- You need to wait at least three weeks after laser treatments, Botox or fillers to have microdermabrasion done
- No sun exposure for at least a week before your appointment
- No exfoliation to the skin for a week before
- Discontinue the use of at home skin care with glycolic acid, salicylic acid, retinols or enzymes at least three days before your treatment
- If you have a history of cold sores it is recommended that you take an anti-viral for at least three days before your treatment
- For best results use a glycolic cream such as Glymed’s Treatment Cream nightly, available at Beaute Marque, for at least two weeks prior to your treatment. Discontinue the use of it three nights prior to your appointment
- Avoid sun exposure for at least seven days. If you absolutely cannot avoid the sun you must use a sunblock of at least 30 SPF and re-apply every two hours while in the sun. A hat and sunglasses is also recommended. Our favorite is Glymed’s Environmental Protection Gel available at Beaute Marque Studio.
- No exfoliation to the skin for seven days after your treatment. This includes scrubs, enzymes, acids, harsh wash cloths and waxing.
- No chemical peels, laser treatments or facials for at least a week after your treatment
- You may continue your Glymed Treatment Cream after three nights
- It is possible to have a few breakouts after the treatment because any trapped bacteria will be brought to the surface. DO NOT pick or pull at the skin for at least seven days as you are more likely to pigment.
- Keep your skin clean and moisturized. This is a great time to use serums and high-quality moisturizers since the skin is going to absorb the product deeper than usual. If you need help finding the best products for your skin, let your provider know